A 'Tory Introduction' to Brydi


By Victoria Brennan 


I have known Brydi for over ten years now. My best friend from childhood, Nikki, was one of her best friends from high school. While writing this blog, we have stalked through every different social media app we can to find some nostalgic photo of us together, however, we can only back up this fact with this professionally photoshopped photo of the three of us.


Although we didn't speak much then, or the years to follow, it was at Nikki's celebratory drinks for returning to the country after 3 years away that I found myself beside by Brydi yet again.


Out of nowhere, I was telling her about this idea for a tv series I wanted to make. I've never met someone who was so there, so ready to do this with me. Next thing I know, Brydi and I are meeting up once a week to write together, have a bottle of wine, and try to bring this idea to fruition. I have never met someone I have been so comfortable to share ideas with. She is always one to either cheer you on and to contribute an idea - Brydi is a friend and work partner for life.
She's the reason I'm currently studying film at SAE, and together we have created a beautiful friendship and a strong work ethic together. And when tragedy hits, I wouldn't want to be with anyone else (when you get locked out of a car - because the key broke - with all your filming gear locked inside, and a close deadline, who would you want to be with????).


I co-directed and edited a film in which she starred. I had always been in love with Brydi but this really cemented everything. She made my film - not only in the way she acted (incredibly), she contributed so much to aspects behind the camera while also in front of it. She was there thinking about continuity, angles, lighting, then into character - flawlessly. She's intelligent, funny and willing to lend a hand wherever she can. She cares about anything she commits to and anything she commits to she does fully. She is the kind of person that I never not want at a birthday dinner or on set with me.



Go and check her out on social media and give her some lovin':



Chat soon,

Tory x 

Comments